Monday 14 May 2012

Hello Chippie!

We did indeed get outside today! So very beautiful out there.

That's Chippy at the bottom of the drain pipe. She and Harrison stayed in that position for over half an hour. Would probably still be there if I didn't have to go in to change my Vanco bag.

Yeah. I sure appreciate that the wonders of modern medicine have given me a temporary knee that can bend and a way of dispensing medicine that allows me to spend the 8 weeks I'll be on the Vanco antibiotic NOT laying in a hospital bed..... But I'd sure like a less finicky pump.

One that doesn't come up with new and exciting ways to make me have to call the nurses for help. They're great though and have promised me a new pump if this keeps up.

I'm getting around okay with my walker, the most dangerous thing about it is when people come over to help me and move it out of the way. Today the nurse left it across the room but I extended my reach with Harrison's fishing pole and reeled it in.

Tonight Karen and the kids came over and we got my laundry halfway under control and Harry walked Emily for a bit then Caleb walked Harry all around the building, walking along the fences just like he's always wanted to go.

It's special that because he got to spend two weeks with the kids, Harry trusts them now. He never ever would have gone for a walk with them before. That will be good for his health if he walks for other people too.

Tomorrow Heather and Anne are coming over to help some more. I have to go to the lab so I'll get Heather to take a picture of me in my full winky splendor on the go, crutches and Mr Mew bag and all.

It's getting closer to next Wednesday and the big V day. I will be very glad when that is over with. Today the cancer was bleeding quite a bit and even though it doesn't hurt I've about had enough of that.

1 comment:

  1. At least the machine has the wherewithal to advise you to seek help... Almost acknowledging how confusing its own instructions are.

    ReplyDelete