Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hi!

Hello, I'm fine and still cant quite believe how blessed and rich I am in people that care for and about me.

The surgery went really well and I'm only here overnight due to some over zealous (though admittedly caring) physicians. My surgeon would have let me go home esp since I don't even have any drains, but medical over ruled her on the grounds that I look like someone who may have sleep apnea and wasn't tested before hand which is their policy.

I know that I will likely be in some really big time pain any minute now when the epidural totally wears off but right now what hurts the most is the iv site they put in today.

So they were able to remove the cancerous growth and locate and remove all of the groin lymph nodes. They were able to locate them using a Nintendo Mario kart game (that's what it sounded like) and so did not need to make the more sweeping cuts that would take longer to heal and require drains. Yay!

I will need to wait 3 to 4 weeks to find out if the lymph nodes are involved with cancer and know if I'll need chemo and or radiation but if they're clear I will be in very good shape. Either way Dr Elit will follow me for 3 years which is reassuring.

Well here I sit in the hospital that Nora Henderson built. Sure enough the patient rooms are I the old part. It dingy and hotter than hades but karen found the fan so I can't complain.

Also karen found me some supper that was NOT jello and so now I look forward to tomorrow morning and hopefully heading home.

Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment