Tuesday 1 May 2012

Good Help - It's Not Hard to Find Around Here

So home at Karen's safe and more or less sound. I drag this little number EVERYWHERE I go.

It contains my iv pump and antibiotic meds. It's always hooked up unlike the more usual way of hanging the med for an hour or so. The med runs for 3 hours 3 times a day and when its not running the med the pump delivers a little hit of fluid every once in a while to keep the vein open. So me and my Hello kitty back pack (the med being pumped sounds like a little mewling kitten) are BFF for the next month or so. I think it definitely needs gussying up and I think Emily is just the girl for the job!

The kids continue to spoil me and yesterday Caleb's help was invaluable while Karen took Emily to voice and piano. He let the Care person in, signed and paid for my drug delivery, wrangled Harry who was sure he needed to be on my lap while my wound was changed AND made supper which of course rates right up there with the top meals of my life most of which his mom has cooked.

At bed time Caleb told me that all day at school he couldn't wait to get home so that he could be my butler and today Emily is excited because tonight she is going to be allowed to give me a foot bath. I don't even know what to say about how loved these people are making me feel. Its a real nice counterpoint to the pain which frankly could go take a hike any time now - and probably will I just have to keep remembering that.

I will meet with a physio person on Thursday morning, will see the knee surgeon for a check up next Tuesday (Anne and Heather will drive) and on Wednesday go to the pre op for V day with karen who deserves a whole street named after her for the above and beyond the call of sisterhood she is achieving, all while not knowing what has become of her dear little cat.

I am real happy to have my cat with me

but would be happier if Whiskers would turn up

2 comments:

  1. Aww.... I have the sweetest kids ever! It's not hard for us to do all this for someone we love so much!

    ReplyDelete