Monday 11 June 2012

D'oh!

Last night I couldn't find my iPod so I figured I'd dropped it down the side of my easy chair.  Since I can't kneel or bend over without springing a major leak it was effectively as lost to me as if it were up on the roof of the parliament buildings in Ottawa.  Luckily Karen and the kids rode in to my rescue today, and being the fantastic sister that she is, Karen immediately started a load of laundry while the kids splunk'ed under my chair for the iPod.  So you guessed it, the iPod was in my pocket in the washing machine!  Totally my fault.  It has a bit of life, so we put it in a holder with some rice and are hoping for the best.  All I know is that I can't live without one any more so I'll be buying a new one if this one can't be revived.  We'll see what happens.

As you can see Emily helped me create symmetry for my porch.  She was off school today sick so she also made me a beautiful activity book, just in time since I can't play games on my iPod!





Thanks Emily and thanks to my friend Marjorie who introduced me to some really great word puzzle games, that have been helping me a lot to keep my brain busy while I can't do very much.  Caleb made me some art too.  It's really neat, as it works upside down too!

Very cool.  Oh and while we wait for life signs on my iPod, I thought it would be a good time to make some butter cake.  Thanks to my friend Kathy for the recipe.  I added chocolate chips, hope that is not blasphemy!
My bottom hurts more than ever, though the seepage has slowed down a bit.  The incision from the knee replacement was a walk in the park on a beautiful spring day with bluebirds and hundred dollar bills floating down from above compared to this surgery. I think the butter cake will help make it all better.  I highly recommend you don't try it.  (The vulvectomy not the butter cake)  The nurses are coming in every day to help me take care of things and Dr Elit's office called today and since the incision is still weeping some they want me to come to see them in Hamilton on Friday.  They're hoping to perhaps have the pathology report back by then too, but if not, I'll just have to go see them again.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment