Friday 22 June 2012

Free!

Today I said good bye to Mr Mew the picc line. I had some great helpers to celebrate with along the way!

My friends have been calling themselves my ladies in waiting when they helped carry Mr Mew. Today my helper, my great niece Claire, was actually dressed properly!

First we needed to get some wings!

Then we headed over to St Mary's Hospital to have the picc line removed.

At first it didn't look like it was going to happen. I had a written order from my London surgeon to have it removed but that wasn't good enough because he didn't have privileges at this hospital. So the nurse was able to get in contact with my family doctor who is one of the few doctors that still has hospital privileges and she gave the order to remove the picc which wouldn't have been enough if I didn't have the written order from the London surgeon. SO I guess it was my lucky day!

So the whole deal only took a little over an hour which is blazing speed in our city's ERs. Heather said one man in the waiting room had been there 8 hours. Claire and Heather didn't have too bad of a time waiting if the surprise pictures on my camera are any evidence!

I love my surprise pictures, thanks Heather and Claire!

I didn't even feel the picc coming out much less hurt. The nurse was asking me how I felt after and my answer was perfect!

Heather said that when I came around the corner after having it out I had the biggest grin on my face.

We headed over to the pharmacy to return Mr Mew. I guess most people wait for them to come pick it up but I was ready to be shut of it. Plus also there's a great ice cream shop just up the road and it was time to celebrate. I had the red velvet!

When I thanked Claire for helping me out today she said "That's okay I really enjoyed helping you. And I liked taking pictures and having ice cream too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment