Tuesday 3 July 2012

The cat with the Chinese Mohawk

Today I went to London to see my knee surgeon. As you can see it went well.

Heather was able to take me and help me remember things. Dr McCalden says we can easily wait to do the knee surgery till after the cancer treatment. I see him again in September to see where we're at. Buuuut that means I need to continue to use rollators or crutches to ensure keeping the temporary joint in good shape. Even though it is holding up really well we can't take the chance that it will break and need emergency surgery. I need to use the walking aides even if I don't feel like I need them and even though that's frustrating I can live with it.

Heather and I met Deborah in Tavistock for Chinese food, so much fun! When I got home I sat down to take off my shoes and dumped some of my leftovers onto the floor and by default all over Harrison's back.

I thought I'd cleaned him up but took a wet wipe to him after I realized he smelled like he'd been hanging out in a dumpster.

And that's how the boy got his Mohawk.

Just to keep it real I went to the after hours doctor tonight and found out I've got a bladder infection so I'm on Amoxicillin and hoping that gets cleared up fast!

I also got my ct appointment for the 13th. Friday of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment