Sunday 15 July 2012

The game plan

Well I feel nervous about tomorrow's meeting with the radiology oncologist but I also feel prepared and ready and strong!

Today Maureen and I bustled off to the gym in 8 drops of rain. She said it rained hard all the way here then stopped dead. Oh well, I'm not farming here so it doesn't matter too much if it rains in my yard.

Btw if you're wondering about the "fascinating" book Maureen read to me at my mammogram appointment it was called:

Teaching For Comprehending and Fluency -Thinking, Talking and Writing About Reading, K-8
by Fountas and Pinnell

(In case you want to run out and get a copy!)

Here's an excerpt:
"At the beginning of reading workshop, Mr. Ruiz provides a minilesson that demonstrates some aspect of reading to the students. He tries to express the principle in a clear statement that students can understand and act on, like 'readers think about what the author is really trying to say."

Yaaaaaaaaaawn!

Anyway the gym was good! Excuse the scar but look past that and be amazed by how straight that leg is!

Then we headed off to have a meeting re our game plan for tomorrow's appointment. There was info on vulvular cancer, a page full of questions I want to ask....

and of course birthday cake ice cream! Ready set here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment