Saturday 14 July 2012

Pot head part two

Two more sleeps till I find out what the treatment plan will be. I'm doing okay but I'm nervous. I'm doing research to know what questions to ask and the research is frankly kind of terrifying. I'll cheerfully admit to being paranoid about worst case scenarios because lately it seems like that's what's been happening with the knee and the cancer. That's why it will be good to KNOW more and ask questions and ask for copies of pathology reports and if the treatment can happen in Kitchener and a whole bunch of other things. I'll have it all written down and Maureen's coming in with me. And it may be good or it might be bad but at least I'll know.

So it's been a great distraction to receive a belated Happy Vulvectomy video from some of my favorite people in the whole world.

Introducing my nieces and nephews in The Mennonite Cousin Singers!

See the video here

I know this is a bit braggish of me but bet you wish you had people willing to to do fun stuff like this for you!

HOWEVER no one has made this for me!

Yet.

I'd settle for just the cherry pie level!

Yup it's Cherpumple!

A-cherry-pie-an-apple-pie-and-a-pumpkin-pie-each-cooked-inside-a-separate-cake-and-then-all-cooked-together-inside-another-cake. Wow.

Also look what I did. AGAIN!

Yeah, I boiled the tweezers again. In my defense the new pot is silent like a ninja and the old one used to rattle at the top of it's lungs. I sat down at the computer then jumped up to go play cards. Two and a half hours later my friend Alice mentioned she was going to boil some eggs and I raced home to take the pot off the stove. THIS time I didn't set it down on cheap carpet but I think it might be ruined anyway. Hoping the wound shuts down soon so I can stop doing this! It continues to need less packing and it's pretty dry but we can't stop yet.

Harrison will really miss the nurses, but much as I appreciate them and like all of them and the fact that they have been provided for me, I'll not be sorry to be free of the daily visits.

Speaking of Harrison I goofed up today when I insisted we go for a walk. He wasn't in the mood and it was far too hot for him. He was actually panting - not good for a cat that's not free to dig in under some shady underbrush.

He actually asked to go inside the building at the far end from my place but was so anxious to cool down that he stopped at every single door in case it was our home or maybe he just didn't care who lived there as long as they had AC!

It wasn't pretty and I ended up carrying him home. He's forgiven me and is camped out in front of the air conditioner. Lesson learned. Don't walk a cat if it's over 25 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment