Friday 17 August 2012

How far

Yesterday I left Harrison at home and walked three quarters of the way around my building. I knew Harrison would not want to walk that far and he can't really handle walking on humid days. It was funny how many comments I got about NOT bringing my cat.

It's really tough to know how far to walk. I'm not encouraged to walk a lot by the surgeon or physio in order to keep the temporary joint happy. But I feel myself losing the strength I had built up by swimming and walking before the surgery. I don't know if I'll have much energy during radiation. I think half or three quarters around the building will be my limit for now. I did realize nothing is stopping me from doing arm stuff so here are my weights!

Harrison thinks I'm crazy when I wave them around!

Sewing is a good way to help cut back on nervous waiting for radiation eating.

So is playing cards with friends!

Bea is 88 and on Facebook. She loves to see pictures of herself and I love how her friends and family comment in their language. They call her Imelda when she wins money so I took pictures tonight for sure when she was wearing two watches. (because Alice fixed the battery on one of them and was returning it)

Poor Dora had to try to get a run of 9 without discarding an 11 to me. Impossible with only 10 cards!

I finally won big!

I must have had some full pockets another night too because this is the floor beside my toilet!

Today Harry and I had a good walk in beautiful non humid weather. He's getting a bit pudgier too so it will be good if he can walk more on days like this. He likes to sit for a long time at the turkey nest so the birds and squirrels pose nice for me.

Flintstone steering column

Three people trying not to gossip. It's not easy around here!

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment