Saturday 4 August 2012

Shopping and salad and zombies oh my

Another really great day. Life is so full of them! Don't worry I won't start quoting the song Live Like You Were Dying just yet because I'm not planning on going anywhere, but truly a great day!

We headed out towards Niagara Falls Buffalo for some shopping at the crack of dawn.

We crossed at Ft Erie cause Lewiston was backed up, new territory for us but Chippie the happy happy walnut craving gps got us there no problem

Seriously it's a chipmunk voiced gps that says things like "don't worry, I'll save you" instead of the snarky "recalculating. "

Shopped a little at the Christmas Store - so awesome, then headed to The Olive Garden for lunch! It was almost empty because who besides Olive Garden deprived Canadians want a heavy Italian meal when it's a billion degrees outside!

Maureen did it right with lemon cake for dessert first!

Time for more shopping. I got some nice tops. I have no idea why I want to look nice for the radiation treatments but apparently I do. I didn't buy any more pirate shirts like this...

but I did buy a pirate pencil case to bring along as a small purse each time for snacks in case I feel sick and also possibly small treasure maps from my nieces and nephews.

I don't know why my radiation will be pirate themed - it just will - deal with it. I guess cause they're tough and don't take any crap. Not because pirates were and are just basically very violent thieves that will ruin your whole cruise just as soon as look at you. Sadly I will probably be the mildest, politest pirate ever but not to the cancer. And I will be a pirate that asks questions. Like why do some people say my kidneys could fail if I take my Metformin within 48 hours of the contact dye CT test and other folks not give a fig about it? What's up with that? Don't you like my kidneys or is it because the giant glasses of warm bracken water I have to drink dilute things enough? The interweb is divided in opinion. The techs at the hospital this time say it's AFTER that you shouldn't take metformin for 48 hours. Last time nobody said anything about not taking it before OR after except they looked really pained that I'd taken it that am and went off 3 times to talk to someone about if I could still have the test. Guess the answer was yes because I'D ALREADY DRANK THE STUFF ANYWAY so what did they have to lose but to do the test and hope for the best? The barn door was open, the horse had been led to water and she'd drunk the koolaid. Turns out I didn't die but no one said now don't take any Metformin for 48 hours. Yay for not dying and all but I'm not willing to roll the dice again so soon.

Pirates ask questions about stuff like that.

Recalculating blog post, I'll save you!

More shopping then a double twirl ice cream - bull dog ears! And run for the border!

This is Kathy after we got back across the border without stopping till we were at the guard shack. I think it might be her pirate face too.

I was still eating my ice cream when we chatted to the border guy, that's how fast it went. Made up for the hour wait this am.

Maureen hardly had time to read her newest teacher smartening up books. She says they're really good, and bonus, they didn't knock out my iPod camera when I took pictures like the last ones did. Yay!

And then. And then this is what we saw when we got near Guelph!

Zombie clean up truck!

Read more about the Zombie truck here

I feel that zombies too would not hesitate to ask questions about contact die and CT scans except I guess they'd have some difficulty with enunciation.

So yeah, great day and to top it all off it actually rained tonight! For like 7 whole minutes! Wow! Good times. You can keep your sky diving any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment