Wednesday 5 September 2012

Ahoy Matey!

 I just wore the shirt to my radiation planning appointment but if it makes you happy you can imagine me wearing the whole deal.  My friends Jo and Jacob were pirates a few years ago for Halloween and have kindly donated to my crazy cause!
Today's ct scan didn't have a happy face pac man but that's okay because I didn't have to hold my breath
Notice the attempt to decorate with quilts and Mennonite pictures.  Again, the cancer centre is really nice, I do have to say either the rooms or the technicians smelled of menthol big time.  But there are worse things in the world to smell of!
The 16 oz I drank on the way there didn't cut it so they brought me some water
 And some more water 
 I did get to get 4 little tattoos so I'm happy about that!   Maybe someday I'll connect the dots  They didn't know when the radiation would start, they thought in the next few weeks.  I had to fill out two forms rating how I'm feeling cause they couldn't find the first one I handed in.  I have no idea if I filled them out the same cause 8:30 am is not my happy place.  I am happy to have completed one more step towards getting this over with.

Time for ....
 Rib night!!!
And swimming for one of the last few times (can't swim during radiation) so I'm really tired but happy.


Evolution of a Radiation Pirate:







1 comment: