Thursday 20 September 2012

Day 2

Today I tried to register for volunteer drivers with the cancer society. I was transferred to 3 people but none of them were Amy who is apparently the key person to speak to initially. I was headed out the door so I didn't leave a message when I finally got to her voice mail. I wasn't too worried because the phone message said they take calls till 6pm.

So, off for day two! This is my niece Annette - my driver for the day.

Annette is around 35 which I only mention because when she was looking at phones at the mall today the chap behind the counter (who was older than her) told her that the phone she was looking at would be great for taking pictures of her children OR grandchildren! Either way it doesn't work. She doesn't look old enough to be a grandmother and I guarantee no phone in a store today is going to be be viable by the time Ava and Olivia have kids! You're fortunate if apple products stay current for nine months!

Anyway Annette took me to see my family doctor and her new Italian shoes - the women who emailed me from Rome to see if I was okay this summer, and then we went to pick up the girls.

How can you not smile when you see those faces?

We killed some time at Walmart. Ava and I were a matched set!

I was early for my appointment and they took me early. It went quickly, they placed what I am going to call my bolero jacket quickly and I ended up leaving 3 minutes after my appointment start time!

Do you like my footwear?

It was warm enough to sit outside to wait for my ride. Annette had taken the kids to play at Victoria park for half an hour but Olivia said they should get back to me because I'd be wanting to take their pictures.

Couldn't be more right! Olivia came in to play with Harry for a minute then she gave me a hug. An extra big hug because she said she was going to give part of it to Ava in the van. Sweet and sweet!

It was 5 pm so I tried the cancer society again and got a message that they stop answering the phones at 4 pm. (unless you have a donation burning a hole in your heart in which case here's a 800 number) Okay. Tomorrow is another day. They sound nice but a little scattered.

I still feel okay. A bit tired but that might just be from all the waiting for this to get going over the past months. I can tell there's going to be a disturbance in the bowel force sometime but initially anyway that'll be a relief. Ha! Maybe I'll have to have a TMI warning before paragraphs like this!

When the radiation person said "See you tomorrow" it kind of came home to me - oh yeah this isn't a test that I go away and wait for the results, I have to do it again tomorrow and Monday and rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment