Friday 21 September 2012

Day 3

Today went well again. I have to say the treatment is a lot less emotionally invasive than I was expecting (Besides the whole shooting rays deep into your body and going over and over). I have to pull my pants down under a sheet and have the bolus placed where a bikini triangle would be but I had thought it would be down where the tumor was so no stirrups and no changing into a gown and that is the best part! The fact that my skin is going to become raw isn't so neat but hey some people have to have internal radiation and you don't even want to go there in your imagination.

I thought I was feeling pretty tired today but then I realized I hadn't taken any pain meds this morning so it was probably just that.

My sister Anne was my gracious driver again today.

Took a really bad picture so I'll use some filters and pretend it's the effect I was going for!!

Amy at the Cancer society was very nice and I have rides set up starting next wed for two weeks. They said they can't always guarantee it but will try to give 24 hrs notice if they can't. I
might have to ride along with someone else sometimes and have lots of time to kill so I'm going to splurge on buying wifi at the hospital for the month. That way I could text drivers too.

It was such a nice day that I took Harry out twice. We took this picture of the one and only orange flower in Bea's flower bed and hung around the porch looking all cool and bipedal.

The best thing that happened today was something I just heard about. Today was a pd day so Emily was out riding her bike and Whiskers jumped up into her lap. She set him down and he did it again so she set him in her little white basket and off they rode happily down the sidewalk! The boy loves car rides so why not bikes! Karen's going to try to get a picture but it already exists happily in my brain.

1 comment: