Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 12

It was a treat this morning to run into two friends at the cancer centre. Sandra works there and Grace is fighting the good fight too and has been a real support.

My drivers have been fine, just a brief sighting of Mr Know Everything in the lobby and I just kept walking.

Listen, I don't really know why but now that I'm having some pain I'm having a hard time starting to write about it.

I don't know if its right to call the sores burns but they are white and I am surprised by how much they itch at first. They are coming pretty fast now. At my appointment yesterday Dr K said I could use my steroid cream so that helps. She was very apologetic for hurting me and said if we have to we can take a break in the treatment which is not ideal of course and I'd really rather just get it over with. She shakes my hand hello and goodbye which is kind of quaint but is really bending over backward to help in any way she can.

She gave me a script for breakthrough pain but I'm not there quite yet. We haven't reached post vulvectomy levels of pain (I wont wait till then to take it). I guess the difference is that then the pain occurred in one fell swoop and this time it's been such a long slow build up to it and I don't know how far it will keep going. Just that we're only half way there but hey we are also half way finished!

Tonight Emily came over and we had a girl's night. Of course this always involved a fresh pedicure. Purple with gold glitter! I'll get it in better light tomorrow.

Watching Orange Beard and Odie the Stupid!

That's 13 treatment days left - 20 days until October 24th. I can do anything for 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment