Tuesday 9 October 2012

Day 14

Had great drivers today! Can't believe I didn't take their pictures but it was SUCH good timing to have friends driving me. Dr K wanted to see me a day before my scheduled appoint with her to see if my burns look infected which I am happy to say they do not.

So this is just how it will be now. First a white burn appears then it and the skin around it become blistered then open sores. They taught me some new ways to keep clean. No more soap. Too painful. I'm to make my own simple saline with kosher non iodized salt which my friend just happened to have and roll up soft cloths, soak them in the simple saline and leave them in my creases for 15 minutes and then air or blow dry on the cool setting.

Harrison would like to go on record as saying that he does not approve of blowdryers and would cite me for noise pollution every time.

Dr K said it will get a lot worse yet and reminded me that these effects will continue coming on for weeks after the treatment is over. She's a little ray of sunshine that one!

Still I feel luckier than many because my prognosis is great. This pain is temporary. Maybe I will chant that as I pee whilst clutching my little squirt bottle.

And can I just say that the hospital toilet paper might be better suited for pedophile prisoners and it'll be BMOT (bring my own tissue) from now on!

As promised some poker pics from yesterday.

The winner!

And finally, from the interweb, my favorite doggy costume ever!

1 comment: