Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 19

Okay so the new gel is pretty amazing but I had to lower my expectations a bit. It's not a cure, it's a barrier but if all it does is keep me from getting worse that will be awesome. And if my input helps the next person have access to this product and it keeps them from getting burned then that's very cool too!

I'm not going to lie the pain is escalating and we are moving past vulvectomy levels of pain now. But we are also within sight of the finish line. I'm kind of wishing for the tired part to hit harder so I can sleep more.

See what the doctor says tomorrow. I think Dr K is away so I'll be seeing whomever is covering for her.

Driver Dave was his usual blowhard self - today's retold confrontations were all about hospital security guards and threatening to go over to the tv station to air complaints about treatment of hard done by cancer drivers at their hands and so on but he did give me one of my best laughs today. He said he saw a car with four elderly ladies in it that had four handicapped stickers draped in a line across the front dash. Those ladies were ready to PARK!

I had a different driver on the way home who was very nice but might have benefitted from less talking with his hands and a bit more regard for the rights of pedestrians and on coming traffic. He wasn't aware of either close call and I will always think of him as Mr Magoo.

Last week Olivia left me a secret message and I decided to look at it today. So sweet! I love when all the letters don't fit and get resized. They will be my drivers again tomorrow. Yay!

Comics from Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment