Thursday 1 November 2012

The party

You can see the slideshow from the pirate party here

I think you can tell by the look on my face that I had a great time! Here are some stills too.

I don't even really remember taking these next pictures. I was already taking pictures of our little party so I guess I just kept doing it but I was shaking!

Like I said. I felt the floor move when my friends and family yelled and clapped and cheered. Karen says that they yelled Arrgh instead of surprise. Most of them had at least an eye patch on.

Dana was there via Skype from the hospital. Every day brings her closer to meeting her baby boy! Her father tortured her by showing her our good non hospital food!

They said I had to wear the antlers in order to get to spin the wheel but I wore the hat too!

I only landed one off from pie in the face so I just moved it. I can't really explain why I wanted it, I used to avoid coming near this place on my birthday but it just felt like the right thing to do and was even more fun with so many people!

Such a great party!! What a card Karen and the kids made and my nieces Deborah and Jen made us all pirate avatars on the spot!

I do need to say that the sores are still getting worse. I had kinda thought they weren't but surely in a day or two they will CUT IT OUT. I'm trying to decide wether to commit to using zinc which I couldn't use during radiation but used to work very well for me in the past.

As my friend Alice always says while play cards: "Sometimes you just have to commit!"

Oh and there's no pictorial evidence of this coming but I have currently switched over to large men's boxers for the duration so you can call me Sponge Bob Square Pants for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment