Tuesday 6 November 2012

Tongue in cheek

Interesting night watching such opposing programs as Cupcake Wars and Ink Masters in a marked effort to avoid anything election related. Listen, I'm not going to go all political on you but I just couldn't have born it for a man who's answer to what should millions of people do that have no health care was - well if they have a heart attack they can go to emergency. In his world I would not have a new knee or cancer treatment.

Because of these television choices I can now tell you that strawberry champagne cup cakes are over rated and that there are people out there that will have their tongues tattooed to get on tv. Yes.

Apparently they'll do other interesting places as well and I could spare then the expense by suggesting radiation instead. Hard to understand but maybe that's just me. I do now kind of understand tattooing to other less painful areas to mark an event or make a statement. Who knows where I may decide to get a little eye patch or parrot someday!

It was nice to see my own doctor today and thank her for being just an email away at all times throughout this ordeal and when I got home I called my knee surgeon's office and I now have an appointment for Jan 8th. I could have got in sooner but I want to give my body time to heal. Jan 8th will just be the consultation, it'll still be a while after that till the surgery. I asked if I could maybe step up the exercising now that we've gotten past the radiation hurdle and she said no, there's basically nothing in my joint so I'm still really restricted as to walking but I may do as much in the pool as I'd like.

I feel like I'm healing pretty well from the radiation now, not fast but well, so it shouldn't be too long till I'm back in the pool!

Only a few more hours till baby Koehler!

No comments:

Post a Comment