Wednesday 19 December 2012

Yesterday and today

Yesterday's teacher's strike was a chance for us to have fun! In the morning we went swimming then in the afternoon we went to see Mom.

Emily's friend was along for the fun.

There were some really beautiful flowers in the lobby. So pretty they looked fake!

I think Mom's going to be ready for opening presents at Christmas. She unpacked Caleb's craft right away and neatly squared away the bag.

We brought hot chocolate and apparently it was too hot!

Meet Dr Tall, that's what Mom says this bunnie's name is.

Mom got a big kick out of Caleb's shirt and Crocs.

But she was very tired and fell asleep a couple of times.

One of the nurses said they found this picture and wondered if it was Mom's.

I could be wrong but I don't think it is because I don't recognize the writing on the back but...

it is a picture of my sister Anne and some of my cousins! Anne is the one with the crack across her face.

Emily got some sewing in, she's making scarves for Mom's dolls.

And Caleb helped mom read a Christmas card from Heather and Gary in Scotland.

We didn't stay long but I'm glad we went. Caleb said when he found Mom she was just staring at a blinking light.

I liked this button that I saw on the way out the door. It's how I feel about this year too!

Time to head home for a pedicure. Such teamwork!

Then the kids headed off to a Christmas party, and Karen brought me home to my cuddle cat.

Pretty great day.

Here's today's walk.

Tonight I made this. Most of it's in the freezer for you Maureen! If I get more cream I'll make you a batch without nuts and give this to my family who will complain about how sweet it is but eat it all anyway!

Night!

1 comment:

  1. You can call it "everything" after you've survived 12/21/2012! (jas kiddin')

    ReplyDelete