Tuesday 17 September 2013

But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn

The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn...

One of my dearest friends is leaving on a jet plane for England as we speak.

She's managed a nearly impossible feat during the past few years. She's put herself through university and teacher's college while working full time during most of it. She is an artist and always had a dream to be an art teacher. And that is exactly what she is flying towards right now.

I am so immensely proud of you Melanie. Fly!

I spent the day with wonderful friends, always such a pleasure.

Tonight Harrison and I didn't get outside till pretty much dusk. I couldn't believe how soft the light was and how having the higher ISO available still allowed taking pictures. I needed something to do because my iPod battery was nearly dead!

I mean yeah it's a bit fuzzy but then so is Harrison.

It was much darker than this. The lights were already on and the Mosquitos were engaged but the camera could still see. Cool. Thanks for helping me pick it out Melanie.

&

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruthie. I have a surprise for you when I get to my class. Thanks for all your support. And, you picked the camera, I helped you spend the money. Great pictures, it's great to see them while I am here waiting in Manchester for the train.
    Love Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go Melanie - hope to hear more about you on Ruthe's blog please.

    ReplyDelete