Saturday 27 September 2014

South of the border

Today we set out at the crack of dawn to Niagara Falls NY for a little cross border shopping.

And when I say it was the crack of dawn, I mean it:

At one point I turned to maureen and said, hey did I just see the sunrise?

And she mocked me and assured me that I had not.

In response to this I would just like to say:

Neener Neener Neener I did too!

We had a great time, and even strayed from our beloved Olive Garden.

The birthday girl Kathy loves her bacon and pancakes! Photo bomber in background not quite so happy.

I performed a great social experiment:

Old fashioned flavour won out for me. Kathy is a butter pecan aficionado.

In other exciting news we went to Trader Joe's for the first time!

Kind of a funky organic store. Not health food, unless you consider massive quantities of sugar healthy.

It's a ton of fun to see so many different things.

And yes I was geeky enough to take pictures. Been reading about this store on my favorite American Blogger sites for a long while.

It did not disappoint.

I didn't buy these things but I thought they were neat.

I can't even begin to tell you how many pumpkin flavored things there were in that store.

I'd show you what I did buy, but then I'd have to kill you.

Forgive me I'm a little punchy from lack of sleep.

Something really cool was that this was the first shopping trip ever that I left my rollater at home! All this walking is paying off. I do pretty well if I have a cart to lean on.

I had enough gas in my tank to take Harry out for a walk.

Skirting the edge of the no cat zone where we got yelled at last week for laying in wait for chippies.

The gentleman has no way of knowing that Harrison poses no serious threat to wildlife of any sort (well maybe the leash would be one clue) so we will stay off the patio but continue to use the sidewalk on our adventures.

The walk was a big mistake because the gnats were out. I got bit big time. Benadryl will be my friend for the next week or more. I would actually prefer mosquito bites because they are only a matter of days.

Although I must say I do love this weiner dog tail shadow picture:

As well as this friendly little leaf greeting...

And I adore the fabulous Lion King Rarrrr in this one.

Tomorrow we go out earlier or not at all though. No more twilight walks in hot windless weather. Come on fall temps!

&

No comments:

Post a Comment