Sunday 16 August 2015

For the birds

The hummingbirds are messing with me. They only come around when I don't have a camera, am too far away or still inside. Jokes on them here because I enjoy the screen door mesh effect in these two pictures. 


However far away isn't so great. 


I don't even know how long I sat in wait today with my shots planned out to include the Rose of Sharon flowers:



But no show. Ah well I caught the sun kissing the blossoms instead. 





The birds in the bug garden were more forthcoming. 





Everything is so yellow over there that I decided to have fun with it. 

















Then hyper yellow arrived. 









Unlike Joe from yesterday this guy didn't think I looked very trustworthy. 





I think this finch is beginning to lose the bright yellow of spring and summer and heading into his less flamboyant fashion season. 






















It's even tougher to catch these little moths than hummingbirds. 





&







No comments:

Post a Comment