Sunday 10 January 2016

Dana's surprise party

So we've had quite a weekend!

Dana's husband Chris threw her an amazing surprise party! He and Henry have been working so hard on it and it paid off royally. 

I'm only posting a few of the pictures here, trying to show you the people you might have idea who they are - Dana has a LOT of friends, but you can see all of the pictures here:



The party was at Chris's brother's restaurant/bar/night club Jane Bond. It was such a perfect spot. 




I loved watching the awesome sign go up. 





Dana's brother Todd with the Y!



I have a video of the surprise but it took place in a zone that really needed some light so this is my best picture of that part. I think it's visible because Melissa's phone flash was going off. 


I followed Dana around like a puppy taking pictures. So much fun. Again you can see them at the link above. 


I broke down and started using the flash. Not sure why I'm so against that, a lot of these turned out okay. I'm just usually such a fan of natural light. 




Something really special happened this past week. Melissa had the idea to make a cousin video for Dana. Since Dana is a big Guns n Roses fan she chose Sweet Child of Mine and we made a special version for Dana. Melissa put all our videos from Scotland, Calgary, PEI and locally together seamlessly and rewrote the lyrics that you can see a few pictures below. You may never see the video if you're not very immediate family, as we have, how can I say this kindly, varying degrees of singing ability, but we put our hearts into it. I know I'm an aunt not a cousin so I appreciate greatly the honour of participating. I will say Harry's ears went back when he heard me sing while I was recording :-) Everyone's a critic. 







Todd's lovely girlfriend Jen. 




Karen fixing the sign. 








Pretty sure Dana loved it. 



Emily singing. 




A well deserved hug for our ringleader who also won for biggest hair in the video. 



Birthday cake!






Dana's drink had a sparkler in it which apparently doesn't show up with flash. 


Ha!


Jim and his daughters Annette and Melissa shared/force fed some cake. 







Such a cool place. 








Where'd Melissa go?






Dana got some singing in too. 


And a photo shoot. 










Well done Chris. It's pretty clear how much you adore your wife. 

Loved this picture of the girls looking at Henry's photos of Dana. 


Happy birthday Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment